Thursday 10 January 2013

Caledonian Uprising

Pah, the masters was cancelled. I know the invitations couldn't be sent out until the rankings were known but the date of the masters could have been publicised so that likely attendees could plan around it. Nevermind.

So now I am looking forward to Caledonian  Uprising in just over a week.

Caledonian allows forgeworld so my list is a sort of half-way house between what I have taken to the GT and what I was planning on taking to the masters. In short I kept the flyers but cut baron and the hellions for a seer council.

Caledonian List - Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies.

HQ:
50 - Haemonculus
188 - Farseer, Jetbike, Doom, Fortune, Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Singing Spear, Spirit Stones
388 - 7x Warlocks, 7x Jetbikes, 5x Destuctor, 1x Enhance, 1x Embolden, 1x Singing Spear

Troops:
30 - 3x Wracks
72 - 8x Warriors
66 - 3x Guardian Jetbikes
66 - 3x Guardian Jetbikes

Fast Attack:
304 - 9x Reavers, Arena Chamion, 3x Heat Lances, 3x Cluster Caltrops
304 - 9x Reavers, Arena Chamion, 3x Heat Lances, 3x Cluster Caltrops
145 - Nightwing Interceptor

Heavy Support:
235 - Phoenix Bomber, Nightfire Missiles

Total: 1848 Points

Hopefully I can use the speed of the army to keep it alive and force my opponent to either spread out so I can pick on isolated units, or sit back in a corner and let me control the board. The 8 warriors are there because I couldn't quite afford a 8th warlock and they have enough shots to cause grounding tests on flyrants and the like. 

It does look however as if caledonian may see the return of mech in a significant way. This could cause me real problems as if there are no foot sloggers for my reavers to kill I may not have enough time to pop transports and kill the contents. 

On the friday there is a little 3 game 1000 point tournament: 

I am determined to find a way to use my grey knights so I am going to try this list. At 1000 points it is impossible to cover all the possible bases, people could bring flyer heavy armies, hordes, mech, forgeworld silliness etc so I haven't even tried to.

1000 Points Grey Knights

HQ: 
100 - Coteaz

Troops:
35 - 7x Acolytes with bolters
345 - 8x Terminators, 1x Brotherhood Banner, Assorted hammers and Halberds

Heavy Support:
260 - Dreadknight, Personal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator, Great Sword
260 - Dreadknight, Personal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator, Great Sword

Total: 1000 Points


Terminators push mid, henchmen get out their deck chairs and bouncy bouncy dreadknights burn things/ hit stuff/ win me the game. Not a great plan but it will be late and there will be drink for most of my opponents so you never know.



1 comment:

  1. I'd agree that the anti-tank is extremely light in the DE list, however the seer council can kill tanks in combat ok.

    It'll be interesting to see how you do, as an all foot E/DE list definietely makes people waste their lascannon and metagun shots :) I'm particularly interested in how often the farseer is stopped using his power by deny the witch (particular if there are enemy psykers around), and how easy it is to bladevane safely without leaving the reavers in charge range of the enemy.

    The Pheonix Bomber (while good) seems quite expensive. How about using it as a Voidraven.

    Looking forward to reading how you do.

    Rathstar

    ReplyDelete